Monday, May 7, 2018

Marker Practice


 The order of markers that I paid for arrived last week and I have been practicing with them since then. These are all Japanese made with brush tip points, for making all sorts of textures and blends. If you are Japanese or inspired by Japan, you could also make anime comics, Zen painting, or calligraphy with them. I like using these for landscaping, cloudscaping, and geometric abstractions. The colors are delightfully bright and clear and they are supposed to be fade proof. You can overlay them on the page for more color. I am pairing my markers with colored pencils which adds more contrast and texture. This is one of my practice pages. I haven't opened all the markers yet. When they are unwrapped I hope to take them outdoors for good weather sketching.

Markers, colored pencils, and ink on sketchbook page, 8" x 10 1/4", May 7, 2018.

No comments: