Thursday, January 18, 2018

R.I.P. Element


As I suspected, the Element has been pronounced a total loss, so this is the end of the road for my beloved Honda. If cars have consciousness, which they may just have, this one gave up its life for me that I could survive with minimal or even no injuries. I now have to visit the car graveyard and  retrieve my art and traveling equipment from the cargo bay. The search for a new car will begin soon.

"Narenji" was the word on my Virginia "vanity" license plates. It means "Orange" in Persian - the color, not the fruit. The drawing above was done in 2007, shortly after acquiring the Element.

Markers on my 2007 sketchbook journal page, 7" x 3", January 2007.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

Sad to lose one. Maybe better that way than breaking down part by part until it becomes too expensive to fix.