Wednesday, December 27, 2017

"Traveling Players" game art


Here's another pointy-eared character from far in Jeremy Wolf's future.(or wait, if Jeremy's space fighting pack were in a spacefaring world, and the Haven game in a Renaissance era, how do we measure the time?). An Elven Thief turns our way briefly, but is watching a wagon pass by with a troupe of traveling entertainers on it. They have acrobats, jugglers, and a strongman in the center, modeled on the famous "Mister T." I guess I can draw better than I could in 1966, before the invention of role-playing games.

Original is ink on illustration board, 8 1/2" x 6", spring 1984.

2 comments:

Texchanchan said...

They look a lot happier than this bunch: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_of_Saltimbanques#/media/File:Family_of_Saltimbanques.JPG
I always found them just horribly depressing. Yours look like fun.

Texchanchan said...

As for the Order of St. Michael: I think it is a very cool thing, and sounds like a lot of really cool people, but would be way too rigorous for me. I am not sure I could follow any set of rules unless in a live-in situation. I'm still on Sister-L; it is not the churningly lively place it was in the 90s.