Saturday, November 18, 2017

Natick Steeple


Here's your posting for November 18, just under the clock wire to preserve the Daily Post Protocol. I may have posted this drawing before but I am not gonna go looking for it. The drawing is of the high steeple of the First Congregational Church of my home town, Natick, Massachusetts. The church was finished in 1880 and you can read about the church's history in this well-made web page. I drew this study through the window of my mother's art studio which was just about a block away from the church. Natick has numerous historic buildings and dates back as a town to the 17th century (1650s). It's a quiet, affluent, well-kept suburb of Boston and looks just like something Norman Rockwell would paint, including a village green and a gazebo bandstand. For another more elaborate view, please click here. 

Black tech pen on sketcbook page, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", January 2, 1999.

No comments: