Thursday, November 30, 2017

Mid-Century Moodle: Exploding Garden Shed


I love garden sheds.They come in an infinite variety, and are built all over the world. There is a  social-architectural movement exploring and building tiny houses but a garden shed is not meant to be a house. It is a microshelter and could be transformed into a refuge cabin. My father built me a playhouse out of a garden shed design and I enjoyed it through many a summer (it was not heated, so was not good in winter). Though the old family house may be gone, the "Little House" is still standing as of summer 2017, and the new owners and their builders were planning to refurbish it as a miniature of the main house with matching color and details. Microshelters continue to fascinate me as I lived with my folks in a Volkswagen camping bus as we drove and camped through Europe, many years ago. Tiny trailers, mini RV's, tents of all variety, woodsy or beach cabins, all fascinate me though I don't think it would be too comfortable inside one, at least for more than a day or two.

This Mid-Century Moodle (doodle) was produced in very dim light while listening to ambient electronic music. This is a surrealistic portrait, an "exploded view" of a garden shed in many dimensions.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", November 29, 2017. Click image for a larger view.

No comments: