Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunny Geometrikon


Even though I work at night, I made a sunny picture. This little Geometrikon visits the Mid-20th Century once again, telling us that the 1950s and '60s were a wonderful time of peace and cheerfulness. Well if you were a designer, or an upper middle-class kid, that was kind of how it worked. Don't worry about those Commies or those marchers with the signs.

I drew the lines and shapes for this in blue pencil and forgot that it doesn't show up well on the scanner. So I colored it digitally by hand with stylus and it looks like I used crayons. I think I'll re-mix it with colored pencils.

Colored pencil lines tinted digitally, 5" x 4", October 15, 2017.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

Nice (means I like it a lot). Don't remember the 50s outside the house, but I lived through what I look back on as an idyllic time in the 60s, punctuated with assassinations and state funerals, which were just normal (to the kids) background noise. The neighborhood children and dogs, all barefooted together, ran around through the unfenced yards, and were lucky enough to have three or four unused lots in a row full of high grass, suitable for hiding in.

We played such things as "war." That was a popular one. Only there was dispute as to who was going to be the south and who the north, because we were all southerners, but knew the north was morally right. Fighting the Germans was a lot easier. We just imagined them.

Playing with dolls? Yes, we once took all mine and all my best friend's and all her little sister's and put them together and had a Red Chinese show trial, with several dolls being condemned as enemies of the state and shot. I guess we were getting a little old for dolls at that point.