Tuesday, October 3, 2017

K-17 Cerulean Crystal Sky


Digital art allows me to make any sort of shape and color and layer it over other colors which would melt if I were using real paint. I can take a whole "page" full of my favorite cerulean blue and overlay it with crystalline planes in whatever color I want, even pink. This is a color experiment sketch restricting my color choices to light pastels over the bright blue. The "K" designation is for a series of geometric abstractions done in digital media, most of which have been published on this By-Product. "K" stands for "Kandinsky," a 20th century pioneer in geometric abstract art. 

Photoshop, October 3, 2017. Click for larger view.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

I like this really a lot. If I wasn't broke I'd like to buy a print of it. Unfortunately my art budget is zero at present.