Monday, October 23, 2017

Golden Autumn Sunset


This scene is a little ahead of time with leafless trees, but I wanted to use these colors, some of them from my new pencil acquisition. Some of the colored pencil makers have beautiful "natural" colors such as "green gold" and "white grey" and even Irojiten's appropriate title "Autumn Leaf." I like to sort them by seasons and so I have the Autumn set at hand now. These little color studies are from memory. Seems like Winter is just around the corner, wasn't it just here? Along the winding road the winemakers are saving the last of the summer wine.

Colored pencil with marker line frame, 4" x 2 1/2", October 23, 2017.  

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

I like it. Reminds me of a watercolor I saw, don't take this the wrong way, because it was first class--it was in a high-school art room. Unfortunately the kiln exploded one night and all the art was destroyed. Most of it was no loss, but I wish I had stolen that little painting.