Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Number 3000


And here we are! This is Post number 3,000 on "Art By-Products." This doesn't necessarily mean 3,000 continuous day-after-day posts, since the By-Product has had to go on hiatus many times during the nine years of its existence. But it does mean 3,000 individual works of art, however small or poor, that I have shown on this Blog. I amaze myself, my friends. I am not the only blogger to keep going for this long; there are others in any number of fields that are offered up by someone who doesn't stop. But I think I deserve at least a place as candidate for the Cal Ripken award for continuous blogging. (This award does not exist. Cal Ripken of the Baltimore Orioles holds the record in baseball for the longest continuous game participation.)

I don't know what the creature is, who holds up the shaggy banner or perhaps a poncho. It looks like a combination of a cat and a dog. A catdog, maybe. Or a lemur? or a dogcat? Or some magical creature from a Harry Potter book. Well, the By-Product is not going to stop, as long as I'm able to do art. The way I see it, as soon as I say that I won't publish every day, then I'll forget to do it altogether real soon. I see it as a worthy exercise in self-discipline, as well as a way to connect with friends and potential art buyers. So here I go, on to the next thousand.

Marker ink on sketchbook page, 6" x 4", September 5, 2017.

2 comments:

Mike (Altus) said...

Congratulations! :D

Texchanchan said...

I think it's a cross between a Persian cat and Yoda LOL

Congratulations on your 3000 and here's hoping for at least 3000 more.