Saturday, September 9, 2017

More Sky Study


I couldn't help myself, I had to draw more clouds. They were so beautiful today and had nothing to do with hurricanes. September is a good month for clouds here in Virginia. I also have an excellent collection of sky blue colors in my colored pencil collection. I have "Light Cerulean Blue," and "Caribbean Sea," and "Ardoise Slate Blue," and "Forget-me-not Blue," and "Horizon Blue," and so many others. Also in this little sketch are the cloud purple-greys such as "Lupine," "Campanula," "Hydrangea," and "Hyacinth," from the luxurious "Irojiten" collection. The darker grey is "Payne's Grey," a classic watercolor shade adapted for colored pencil use. There's more where this came from. Stay tuned for "Autumn Skies."

Colored pencils on sketchbook page, 8" x 3", September 8, 2017.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

I love those color names. They remind me of a book called "The Keeper of the Bees," which featured a several-acre garden of all kinds of blue flowers which was kept for the benefit of an apiary. The book was forgettable but the garden wasn't