Friday, September 15, 2017

Geometrikon Caerulean


Artist's got the blues in mid September. Look up, northern hemisphere, the equinox nears. I brought out my most precious markers to do this Geometrikon. This color is very hard to reproduce and it fades quickly when exposed to light. My Geometrika made with markers are preserved in sketchbooks, unless I decide to go permanent and use paint or colored pencil (or digital). I have never tested my colored pencils for lightfastness though I have a whole set which is guaranteed fade proof by the manufacturers. Those are for portraits and work which the client will frame and show. Meanwhile the skies drift into bright blue melancholy, as that awful red is already burning on many trees near me. The lavender spheres in the larger circle are tropical storms.

Colored pencil and markers on sketchbook page, 5" x 3 1/2", September 14, 2017.

You might notice something different on the screen for "Art By-Products." After more than 9 years, I've switched the orange to sky, or caerulean, blue. Do you like it? Comments are welcome about this new sky blue world. 

1 comment:

Gypsy Witch said...

I love the colour. Good choice. Use it lots!