Friday, September 29, 2017

20th Century Moodle: Don't Push that Button


"Don't push that red button, Sir!"
"Why not? Isn't that the button for the nukes?"
"Sir, don't play with the numbers board!"
"Isn't it the nuke button? I've always wanted a nuke that would blow shit up real good! I bet it would work, too. And everyone would know that I am a TOUGH GUY. That's what people respect. It's the only thing they understand. That's why they elected me by the greatest majority ever. They wanted to see things shaken up. I can do that, no problem, I can do that!"
"Please don't touch that button, Sir."
"I'm not gonna let some fat little gook drop the bomb on San Francisco! I have a lot of property there! Nobody has more property in San Francisco than I do. Where's that bomb football?"
"Sir, we are not in a retaliation situation...."
He pushes the button.
The nuke controller explodes, and no signal is given. The Commander in Chief falls to the floor, unconscious. Among the aides and Secret Servicemen rushing in to defuse the situation,    a shadowy figure disguised as a male operative slinks out to a waiting car, where a Russian driver whisks Melania and the real nuclear controls finally out of reach of the President. News isn't the only thing that can be faked.

"Mid-Century Moodle" is markers and colored pencil, 4 1/4" x 4 1/2", September 29, 2017.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

Alas. I'm afraid you've captured his personality perfectly. I'm also hoping that there are people around with more sense.