Sunday, July 23, 2017

Returned from Massachusetts


I only did two drawings during my time in Massachusetts. One of them is this one, done in the waiting area of "Direct Tire" while the two back tires of my Orange Element were being replaced. Massachusetts road conditions were not just the usual rubble and bumpy roads but construction on every major intersection. The digging machines and jackhammers and piles of dirt and ripped apart pavement added to the peaceful summer atmosphere. When they were done the edges of the road were lined with sharp rectangles of granite that can take out your tire in an instant. But I lost a tire to a metal screw (yeah screwed haha not) and had to replace it due to the unfixable puncture along with its matching partner on the car. Thankfully "Direct Tire" was right near my hotel site so they did the work.

The surprisingly brutal Direct Tire slogan displayed here in the main lobby describes my ten days in Massachusetts attending to the family archives and making necessary relative visits. This trip for various reasons was one of the most difficult of my recent drags back and forth. I'm glad I don't have to do this drive again. Blogging will now resume.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 7" x 5", July 7, 2017.