Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Stasheff excerpt Tudor Palace


The text of Christopher Stasheff's book that I am currently illustrating called for a "Tudor palace," so I gathered info from the Great Vastness of Information to find me something that looked "Tudor." Twenty years ago I would have looked it up in one of my reference books. I have little idea what "Tudor" architecture was or how it developed, but if Google Images says it's Tudor, I am not gonna disagree. This is a small excerpt of the cover art with the palace on it. Most of the cover are character portraits which I haven't "painted" yet. All my Stasheff covers have some sort of architecture on them, and also feature an image of "Fess," the black metallic robotic horse, which I am painting now.

Photoshop on Cintiq, work in progress, May 2017.

No comments: