Sunday, April 30, 2017

Winding Spring


"Winding Road Cellars," one of my favorite Northern Virginia wineries, was the destination for this week's "Wine Saturday." But when I sat down to draw, there wasn't a vine to be seen, just the enchanted fresh green of meadows nearby. Scott, the vintner of Winding Road, would love to purchase the field and grow vines on it, but that isn't going to happen any time soon so it remains a beautiful scene to delight the sippers and draw-ers on the front porch of the wine lodge. 

This is the first iPad drawing I have done in a long time and the device seems to have forgotten how to work with me, or more probably the other way around.

"ArtStudio" app on iPad, 10" x 8", April 29, 2017.

1 comment:

Gypsy Witch said...

Love this. You've completely captured the essence of Spring for me, in the colours and the texture.