Sunday, April 23, 2017

Arterra Winery spring colors


"Wine Saturday" brought me back to Arterra Winery in Delaplane, Virginia, a newer winery that has become one of my favorites. The weather was rainy and dim but that wouldn't stop me and my friends from wining. Arterra is in a hilly forest, and their vineyards are on hidden slopes. The site was filled with the sound of birdsong and we also saw a wild turkey prowling under the trees. The wine was excellent especially the reds. The artistic side was represented by beautiful ceramics made with natural grape leaf impressions. I depicted the view through one of the many picture windows including fresh bright green spring foliage and the brilliant yellow-green of vines just now sprouting their new leaves.

Markers, ink, colored pencil, finished in studio. 7" x 11", April 22, 2017. Click on the image for a closer view.

No comments: