Friday, March 10, 2017

Big Picker


I found this in the Whole Foods parking lot, where some sort of service was being done. This is a very new and modern "cherry-picker," designed to do work at treetop level in urban environments. An interesting feature of this is that the operator will stand in the "gondola" cage at the end of the lever, but there is no second operator down below in the engine capsule area. I had not noticed that feature of a cherry-picker. The controls for the whole thing are in the cage.

This was done in the parking lot while I was sitting on the tailgate of my car, my usual place for urban on-site art. But it is still only March despite the unusually warm weather, and it got too cold and dark for me to draw more details on this craft.

Black technical pen on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 5 1/2",  March 8, 2017.

No comments: