Monday, February 20, 2017

Furry Modem


I finally got my WiFi restored, after months of not having it and ignoring it. Some thunderstorm action had put the old one out with a power surge while I was away in Massachusetts in the House of Mildew. I made an appointment with Cox Communications and everything went well with the cable handler. He installed a fresh new modem/router with everything connected and working. You can see from the drawing I did from life that the modem is healthy and well-fed and seated comfortably on its little feet. It has five glowing blue eyes in front and a tiny little mouth although most of its feeding is done through a cable connected in back. In order to prevent animal abuse or damage it is replaced every month with a fresh one, which is interpreted to me as a rental fee as I cannot tell the difference. I won't even notice when the replacement happens (something about other dimensions). But if any of the blue eyes turn red, I must immediately report it to Cox as the creature might be sick or malfunctioning or angry for some reason.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 3" x 3", February 20, 2017.

No comments: