Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Digital New Year's


You've seen this design before, or something within its series of my Holiday/New Year greeting cards. Is it paint, or is it...that awful digital art that shows no human touch? It's machine made, of course. I don't know about the machine makers but the only hands that labored, if "labor" is the right word, on this piece were my own. The amount of time spent making the design is more or less the same as if it were real paint. The only thing that takes longer is that the painted design has to dry before you can put another layer on it.

I have things I want to do this year but at the moment I don't want to talk about them. I will not post twaddle anywhere. I'm grateful for a number of things which I also don't want to talk about, except this one: No more "House of Mildew." It is being re-built by the developers who bought it and its site, so it's No Longer My Problem. 

Is art work? I am working on art but is that the same thing? I start a new sketchbook diary today. The format is different as you shall see shortly. Wine art continues though it is slower during the winter. If I have enough, I may attempt to publish Book 2 of the winery series. 
The blog continues. Is anyone reading or viewing it? I hope so. This is one of the most moronic posts I've done in a long while. I'll try to be more interesting as the year goes on. Happy New Year Blog readers!

Photoshop, about 5" x 7", January 1, 2017.

1 comment:

Rae Trigg said...

Jim and I still read your blog. Happy New Year!

-- Rachel T.