Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Winter House

The leaves are all off the trees and I can see through the forest edge that in summer hides the neighbors' houses from my view. This piece comes from my lavishly decorated 1998 sketchbook journal where I used not only ink but markers and colored pencils as well. The house you see has been added to since 1998. During last summer and especially this 2016 summer, the residents doubled the size of the house with a completely new building. The railing at the top left was removed and another story was built. They also rebuilt the parking lot at front. All this construction made a lot of noise. I still haven't seen all of it, that will have to wait until I walk over there on my spring birding expeditions. I can't visit though. Lately residents have shooed me away when I attempt to birdwatch in their neighborhood. I guess they think I'm casing the place or planning a terrorist attack. 

I'm considering doing up my 2017 sketchbook journal with color multimedia pieces like 1998. It will be a job but you will see better art. The price will be that I may not post every day. If I don't post every day, I may risk not posting at all. Planning is required.

Ink, markers, and colored pencil on sketchbook page, 6 1/2" x 5", February 2, 1998.

No comments: