Thursday, December 8, 2016

K-16 Kabbalah Perspective


I haven't done a digital geometric abstraction for a while, so here's one, based on the famous diagram of the Jewish Kabbalah with its "flow-chart" of the ten mystical stations, or Sephiroth. The diagram is often referred to as the "Tree of Life." I decided to put the Tree of Life in perspective, looking from the bottom up. This drawing shows three stations, Tiphareth in yellow and Yesod in purple, with the "earthly" realm of Malkuth at the base. If I wanted to "zoom out" I could fit all ten stations on it, but that might be crowded with too much detail. This design is an early concept for the cover of a book about Kabbalah, a project which is only at the beginning stage. I could also re-create this perspective design in a more "classical" or illustrative style. The blue area at the top would be where the title and author text would go.

Photoshop on iMac main studio, 7" x 10", December 8, 2016.

No comments: