Saturday, December 24, 2016

Box and Roll


This is what my whole apartment looks like, even though I am not moving. It wasn't just the stuff I brought back from Massachusetts, it's my own stuff that I can't find room for. I literally have no place to put anything down except the floor. On my art desk are my hand-painted artsy holiday cards, which I guiltily know I have not sent in time to celebrate Christmas Day. And then the boxes and containers of Christmas stuff, my artificial mini-tree and its ornaments. The roll of industrial toilet paper is not an ornament. This box contained the tree. The mini-tree is about two feet tall and the ornaments are miniature, too, about the size of grapes. I got the tree in 1987 in Cambridge, Mass. which makes it, if you do the shocking what you found was unbelievable math, 29 years in my possession. One of these days it will fall apart but won't we all. 

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 3 1/2' x 3 1/2", December 24, 2016.

No comments: