Sunday, November 6, 2016

Autumn Vineyard


I've been watching these vines grow up at "Winding Road Cellars" ever since the vineyard owners planted them as tiny twigs. They have a few more years to mature before they can produce grapes for wine. I have been chronicling these vines in all seasons so this is the "Autumn" view. Grapevines, though they are trained and pruned, are not tortured and killed in the "Vegetable Carnage" of the harvest, as the plants can sprout and bear again and again, dormant in winter and burgeoning in the growing season. Some of you remember me posting about "Winding Road Cellars" as my "base of operations." It is so peaceful there, I wish I lived in a cabin near these vines and the wine lodge. Now that winter timing is here it will be hard to continue visiting wineries before it gets dark. My Wine Team is kind enough to take me along on winery visits.

I did the initial drawing on the iPad which I haven't used in a long time. Finished it in Photoshop, as I didn't have enough time to continue iPaddery at the site.

"ArtStudio" app on iPad, finished in Photovineyard, November 5, 2016.

No comments: