Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Industrial Tikis


I get catalogues of industrial and farm equipment. The only things I buy from them, and rarely, are equipment for my indoor garden, which never grows weed and is now out on the balcony. At the end of October I take my plants indoors and turn on the big light. Meanwhile I love the catalogs because they show machinery and greenhouse buildings, things I like to look at. The machines in the "Grower's Supply" catalog are especially attractive, but instead of buying them, I use them as fantasy inspiration. Here are three industrial Tikis from some metallic Hawaii. They are actually water pump fastenings and one sprinkler head on the right. I have always wanted a greenhouse but it doesn't do well with apartment living.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page and Photoshop, 4" x 3 1/2", September 27, 2016.

No comments: