Sunday, September 18, 2016

Fall Festival


I attended the Fall Festival and "Taste of Falls Church," a pleasant yearly event that attracts a family crowd and shows off the local restaurant fare. I only had about an hour to spend there because I arrived late trying to find a parking space. Once I was there I went right to the food and had a nice little plate of handmade pasta and Bolognese sauce. There was a music area as seen in the lower half of this drawing, where a succession of country ensembles sounded forth. I walked around looking at the tables and booths where worthy causes and trinkets were marketed. I finished it off with a fashionable "cold brew" iced coffee. Before I left downtown Falls Church I was able to draw this interesting second floor balcony on a neighboring street, see drawing above.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", September 17, 2016.

No comments: