Monday, August 8, 2016

NotJustAnotherCon


I haven't been to a fantasy/sf convention in years, not counting "Chessiecon" where I don't exhibit art but just see friends. Back in the 1990s I was guest of honor at some small cons and did a lot of art showing. Things have changed for me regarding conventions as I made less and less money at them. By the 2000s I could not justify going to conventions when I didn't make enough to cover my expenses. But back in those days I got to make interesting original covers for the convention program book and T-shirt. This one was "NotJustAnotherCon," a student-run convention held at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. It ran for about 8 years off and on, the last one being in 2002. I was guest at number 6, which was held in 1990, and I remember having a good time at it. My priorities are a lot different now so I haven't made the effort to keep up with conventions. 

Original cover art is black ink on illustration board, about 7 1/2" x 10",1990.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

I love the classical look combined with space. Great graphics!