Friday, June 17, 2016

Metro Madness


I went downtown to shop at Blick Art Materials. My companions and I had no idea how bad the Washington Metro was. Going into town was OK though we had to wait while the train was delayed by construction. During the delay I drew the woman at left and the chair assembly. Coming back during rush hour was chaos and confusion as crowds surged around delayed subway cars packing in people including whole families with children. I drew the standing man during another delay. He's holding an umbrella with its wrappings, which looks oddly like a wrapped gun. And that Muslim woman sitting there, she must be dangerous too. Everything is so perilous we should just stay home and order our stuff online. 

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 5 1/2" x 6", June 16, 2016.

No comments: