Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wine Logo


Usually when I sell one of my "Earthly Paradise" wine books, I put a little drawing on the front leaf which is blank just for that purpose. That way the new owners have a bit of original art. I just sent one off and this is what I drew in their copy. It only took a few minutes to draw, but when I finished it I decided I liked it so I scanned it. I thought that perhaps it could be used as a logo or even a bottle label.

I colored it in with Photoshop, and this is what I got:


It's nice but I would like to re-color it in more "transparent" colors. This is the way comic books and graphic novels are colored in the modern era. This will not be the cover of any future wine book by me, though I would like to use it as a logo.

Ink drawing on book page, about 3.5" x 3.5", March 15, 2016.

No comments: