Tuesday, March 8, 2016

"Lona" from Stasheff story


Finally, fresh new art, at least a little of it. "Lona" is a charming, brilliant, sexy space bombshell who is married to the rather nerdy hero. Stash must have had fun writing this character. The writing style is reminiscent of both pulp action and romantic comedies, and is unusual in fiction since it depicts a married couple who genuinely love each other and don't break up even though they are tempted by riches or attractive others. (At least in this  part of the story.)

I chose a "retro" look for her outfit, and added bits of tech gear to her gloves and boots, so that she wouldn't have to tote too much stuff with her on her interplanetary business trips. The drawing is meant to be colored in eventually. Now I must admit something. The figure looks a bit better than the ones I draw by myself. This is because I traced it from a fashion drawing. So sue me. That's what fashion designers do, too. It's called "croquis," pronounced "crow-key." You can look it up.

"Lona" is 3 1/4" x 8 1/2", digital inking Photoshop on Cintiq, March 8, 2016.

No comments: