Monday, February 15, 2016

Graphic Novel Panel 1999


I should have done this ten years ago, maybe more. But maybe I didn't have the scanning power for it. Now that I am working with a fairly new scanner and a capable computer, I can finally digitize all the pages of the graphic novel I've been working on for all these years since 1999. Sure there were years when I didn't work on it at all, but just for now I have the time and resources to do it and maybe hopefully finish it. The scene you see here, with the narrative removed from the bar, is an observatory on the upper slopes of Mount Etna ("Aitna" in the story) where you learn some volcanological lore as a group of schoolboys visits the place and hears a talk from a real live geologist.

Ink and watercolor on illustration board, about 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", 1999.

No comments: