Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Orange Glassware


I love colorful glass and have a good collection of it, mostly blue or orange. My friends bring me orange stuff including these hand-blown glass vessels. They aren't very big and I haven't put anything in them. I keep them on my kitchen table where they help me stay festive and fiery. The "potion" bottle is from a magical workshop in the Wizarding World. The chunky thing on top of the rounder piece is a bit of lava rock from Hawaii, from a place abandoned by Pele (extinct) and thus suitable for collection.

This "still life" is done on the Cintiq, on the kitchen table. I am still trying to figure out 1. how to get it to stop blocking my artwork with unwanted Photoshop pop-ups and 2. how to stabilize it on a table while working. The stand that came with the machine just doesn't work, it collapses at the angle you want to "paint" at. 

Photoshop on Cintiq, 10" x 7", January 25, 2016.

No comments: