Saturday, January 23, 2016

Digme


There are magazines out there, on paper or online or both, for anything you could conceive of. At one point, for some reason I've forgotten, I got on the online mailing list of a magazine, "Pile Buck," devoted to the pile-driving and foundation industry. You know I love any kind of construction so I welcomed this mag with its enticing pictures of pile-drivers, augers, diggers, cranes, and other manly infrastructure toys. Some of the elements from "Pile Buck" magazine (what on, or in earth, is a "pile buck?") went into this ensorcelled piece of dragon-ish machinery. She holds in her mouth an auger drilling engine, without the threatening looking earth screw. I ran out of room on the left side drawing the driver's cab but when I have enough material I will finish the whole thing. Her name is "Digme" and she's a helpful hand in all heavy situations. Her front jaw attachment can be switched out to a big shovel which is good for snow removal, which we blizzardees can certainly use this weekend. Snowzilla, meet Digme.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 5" x 6", January 23, 2016.

No comments: