Thursday, September 3, 2015

Plant Stand 2003


This intriguing roomscape, almost an industrial pattern, is made up of a disassembled plastic plant stand, metal bars of another plant stand, and folded up blankets. The central squarish shape, with its phallic tower, is the base of the white plastic stand. Other plant pots are hanging from the metal square. I had that plant stand for years, until it got too mildewed to use any more. The metal stand and the top two blankets, the light one and the black one, are still in my collection, but the bottom one was donated. Shortly after I did this study, I took the job at Trader Joe's which lasted 11 years. Sometimes I wonder how things would have been had I not taken that job. I don't feel like talking about it just now.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 6" x 5", September 4, 2003.

No comments: