Thursday, August 27, 2015

Keswick Barrels


When you taste wine at Keswick Vineyards, you get to see some of their winemaking equipment through a big window right behind the bar. I put my sketchbook down on the bar and they let me draw while standing up at the counter. Through the window I see barrels, tasting vessels (which are chemists' beakers) and big steel tanks where white wines are fermented. I could have drawn more but I ran out of time. I don't think I'll add color to this one. This means that I will need a color sketch to finish off the winery page that this goes on. I wouldn't mind going back to Keswick again, even in the winter. But it is not close enough to make it a day trip from where I am and I'd have to stay over somewhere. Wine logistics are a constant concern.

Brown tech pen on sketchbook page, 7 1/2" x 7 1/2", August 18, 2015.

No comments: