Saturday, November 8, 2014

Ratty Writer


A little late on this one…just don't look at the time stamps on these By-Product postings, they will horrify you. Here's Ratty, a writer, contemplating his next few thousand words on "NaNoWriMo," which is an internet challenge to write a complete novel during the month of November. The composite word stands for "National Novel Writing Month." I do not have to do this, for which the reading world should thank me. Some of my friends are writing for it. Most of the outputters in my circle of friends are probably writing fantasy, but you can write anything for it.

"Ratty" the writer is inspired by the Rat character from Kenneth Grahame's "The Wind in the Willows," a children's classic that I read when I was young. It was not written in only one month, but collected from Grahame's stories that he told to his young son at bedtime. I think it is time for me to read it again after all these years. Anthropomorphic characters aren't only for  children. And I won't have to worry about them doing kinky erotic things to each other, such as "Fifty Shades of AnthroNaNoWriMo."

Pitt technical pen ink on sketchbook page, 4" x 2 1/2", November 8, 2014.

No comments: