Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Clutterscape


My mother's house was de-cluttered last year and earlier this year, but there are still many cluttery places in back rooms, including the one I sleep in during my difficult visits. When my mother vacated her art studio downtown, twenty years of art clutter re-invaded the family house. This drawing shows two art tables, some broken-down stools, chairs, and light fixtures, and two backpacks. The pack on the chair, under the conical light fixture, is mine. There is no room for making art here. I drew this while sitting on the cot bed. The round UFO-like shape is the reflection of the lamp in the window. You can also see some of the pattern of an imitation "Oriental" rug on the floor. Much of this room is taken up by my mother's art work, painted on heavy boards, which dates from the 1940s to the 2000s and is stacked against the walls. A small towel is draped over the stool back, in the center of the picture.

Pitt black technical pen on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", October 25, 2014. Drawing for "InkTober." Sorry, I do not have the time or resources to do the "AquaVember" daily watercolor challenge.

No comments: