Saturday, September 13, 2014

Tower of Light


This one's from the same experimental, pretty batch as the Cloud Castle a few posts ago. The magical tower, built from crystallized light, rises into the clouds as dragons swoop around it to protect it. I'm very fond of that shade of deep sky blue so I mixed up a lot of it, leading to a bunch of blue paintings. As before, the tower of light was drawn with acrylic paint on a dip pen.

"Dragons at the Tower of Light" is acrylic on illustration board, 6" x 9", July 1991.

1 comment:

Robby Baby Dark Poet of Amour said...

I love this one! This one picture plays to your strengths, for sure; your use of blues, and semi transparent/translucent imagery! I like the birds flying up at those angles. It reminds me rising energies. This time I'm hearing "Una Voce - Autumn Alchemy" as I see this, and again, it matches the energy of the piece so well! I love ambient with art ;)