Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Memory figure sketches


These little sketches are an experiment to see whether I can draw figures without having a live model or photograph in front of me as a reference. They are meant to resemble the short 30-second or one minute poses at the beginning of a live model drawing session. I wanted to challenge myself to see whether I really could draw half-decent human figures. So every one of these little sketches is done from memory and imagination. They're not bad at all. Even more, they are drawn directly to digital on my Wacom tablet with Photoshop, rather than with pen or pencil. The digital drawing gives me the option of erasing my mistakes or extra marks, which I have done judiciously. I will continue drawing them to get more practice and I hope I can work some of them up into fantasy pin-ups.

Digital "area" is Photoshop, 7" x 10", June 24, 2014.

No comments: