Friday, June 6, 2014

June Green Trees


This time of year is my favorite, starting in June and ending in late August. I especially love June because it is the month of the summer solstice and the fresh green leaves have not yet gotten brownish and faded from hot summer days. I did this tree study in my sketchbook journal, looking out the window of my studio, which is where the living room would be in a normal city apartment. This year the graphics concept for my sketchbook is comic-book-like panels set against full-color ink and marker drawings. I used the wonderful Copic markers for this, as well as a few Prismacolors. Only these two lines of markers have enough color variety to achieve an accurate look to landscapes and buildings. I have hundreds of these. You might call me marker-obsessed. More markers!

Markers on sketchbook page, about 4 1/2" x 9", June 5, 2014. Text has been removed from panels with Photoshop.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Very cool, you should do a calendar.