Saturday, June 7, 2014

Friday iPaddery


It's back to "First Fridays" in Falls Church, where on the first Friday of each month there is an outdoor event in the parking lot of "Art and Frame of Falls Church" gallery and frame shop. A band plays, collectors bring in beautifully restored old cars, and artists and vendors set up shop. I am one of the artists and was doing sketches on the spot using my iPad on its clever new stand-up table easel. This is one of the drawings I did. The sketchy guitarist of the band is on the left, and a vintage car with the hood up is in the center. I didn't draw the people attending because they were blocking my view of the cars. This is simulated pencil on "ArtRage," an app which mimics "traditional" media.

ArtRage app on iPad, about 8" x 6", June 6, 2014.

No comments: