Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rain Angel


It's raining out and has been raining for more than a day. I love the sound of rain even though this period of weather is cold and uncomfortable. The theme for today's "speed paint" was inspired by a lady customer at work whose nicely coordinated purple outfit reminded me somehow of an angel. Since it was rain gear I just put the ideas together and called it a Rain Angel. Pop star "Prince" notwithstanding I didn't want purple rain. Nor any other dimwitted cliché's. I chose the colors of clouds and water and brought out a little rain angel, an April Rainer. "Eight for the April rainers," as the song "Green Grow the Rushes" goes.

Photoshop, about 5 3/4" x 6 1/2", April 30, 2014.

2 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

Interesting concept. Not very purple to me, looks more blue.

Robby Baby Dark Poet of Amour said...

Well, as you know, the face really had effected me, more than I would have thought, as the face is what I feel in my own expression when I'm FINALLY at a place of ease with myself and my life these days, those little islands of my anxiety finally dissolving. I like the free form of the angels form. It's nice to see that island of peace I struggle for physically captured in this angels face. I really use this image alot to remind me of "getting to that place."