Friday, April 11, 2014

Little Backhoe


Spring was on back-order, we just couldn't get it. But finally the delivery has arrived and the blossoms are blooming against a brilliant blue sky. So it's time to go outside and draw pictures of infrastructure maintenance equipment, yeah! This is a rather rusty but still functioning Bradco 509 backhoe used in digging jobs at my housing complex. There is also an old wheelbarrow near it, tipped on its front end. 

This drawing took about an hour to do, it was not one of those quick-draw urban sketcheries. In fact I had to piece it together in Photoshop, since I ran out of space for the extended stabilizer "foot" in front and had to draw it separately. You'd never know, thanks to the wonders of digital inking. 

I wish I could sit in that driver's seat and operate a backhoe. I think it would be so much fun, even if I was only moving dirt.

Pitt technical pen black ink on sketchbook page, about 8" x 7", April 10, 2014. Click for larger image.

No comments: