Saturday, March 8, 2014

Late Winter Skies


I treated myself to a batch of new markers in sky and earth colors, as well as a caddy to carry them in. This caddy can hold more than 100 markers and I have far more than that. I could fill 3 of them, no problem. Right now I loaded the one I have with pale blue, more than fifty shades of grey, and many gold-tinged markers. I took the markers for a spin on the night of March 7, doing this little land and skyscape from memory. If summer ever comes, I could get another caddy box and load it with forty or more shades of green, whether vinery or Irish. Of course these boxes are big and heavy so I can't just take them with me to sit in the wine garden. But I could stock them in my car for "plein-tailgate" art sessions. I can't keep the markers in my car all the time because heat will damage them or dry them up. Also, marker colors fade so I would not be able to treat marker sketches like "real art." I would scan any marker sketch I liked to unfading digital format.

Evening clouds and sun glow are markers on sketchbook page, about 7" x 5", March 8, 2014.

No comments: