Saturday, March 15, 2014

Aspen Dale Cozy Tasting Room


Aspen Dale Winery in Delaplane, Virginia wins my prize for "Most Picturesque" of the wineries I frequent. Of course the wine is good, too! I did this ink drawing while sipping one of their excellent red blends. The wine lodge is filled with cozy corners and inviting areas, including the (gas) fireplace you see here. The lodge is also adorned with lots of antiques or near-antiques. I love the different weathered wood and stone textures in the rooms, too. 

This is the last drawing on the last page in my big color sketchbook (started in 2006) which contains all my wine and landscape color drawings. Soon I will ceremonially start a new sketchbook and I hope that I can keep it going for many more years.

Pitt sepia technical pen ink on sketchbook page, about 8" x 8", March 14, 2014. Tone added in Photoshop. Click on the image for a larger view.

No comments: