Monday, October 28, 2013

Deoris of Atlantis


Deoris is the sister of red-haired Domaris, in Marion Zimmer Bradley's "Fall of Atlantis" series. As I said before, Domaris and Deoris were probably half-sisters, since they had such different coloring. Deoris grew up to be a sexy babe while her elder sister got pregnant by a fellow Atlantean priest. I read through this whole series and waited patiently for the cataclysmic ending. I was hoping that the island and its bunch of tiresome characters would sink beneath the waves but it didn't happen, at least in the book's time frame. 

I miss doing fantasy character portraits, I'm so busy with vineyards and giant robots. What a combination. It gives me absurd ideas, that's the best kind.

"Deoris of Atlantis" is ink and watercolor on thick Fabriano paper, 5 1/2" x 9", fall 1988. It's one of the first paintings I did in my new location near Washington, DC.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

I like this one better than the sister picture.