Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Early Mountain Wine Castle


As I said in the previous post, internet billionaire Steve Case has lavished his generosity on the wine world of Virginia. This is a drawing of a section of the wine castle he built for tasting, food, and events. Someone was getting married there as I was drawing this, which is also why I didn't spend more time to color the drawing in. The guests and their cars were on the property and I needed to leave the space. While someone else had a big day, I drew dormers and stonework. I have done a LOT of drawing dormers and stonework in my life. 

So when I brought it home I decided not to leave it just brown lines but to color it in. Well, I did leave it as brown lines in my original sketchbook but I scanned it and colored it in Photoshop, using some watercolor-simulating techniques. This way the original drawing remains in the book but I get my colors too. Here's the same picture with the Photoshop coloring job.


I wouldn't mind going back to Early Mountain and drawing more of this wine castle but this probably won't happen for a while. This is the last of the drawings I did on my recent trip and so now back to more By-Products. 

Original art in brown fine point Pitt technical pen on sketchbook page, 7" x 4", August 11, 2013. Photoshop colorizing added later.

No comments: