Monday, March 11, 2013

Ghost Knight


This is an experimental piece, combining digital and hand-drawn images. Also experimental is that I drew it in front of the computer, looking at the armor subject on the screen. This is something that is done more often than the artists admit. I just put my rather cumbersome sketchbook down over the keyboard and drawing tablet. I would like more room to work this way as there isn't much space here in the studio. I drew the armored figure and then scanned it into a digital file. Then using the marvels of "layer" technology I was able to color it in without losing any of the pen drawing. I am still ignorant about many factors in this drawing-to-digital conversion but this is how comics are colored nowadays.

"Ghost Knight" is fine point gel pens and brush pen on sketchbook page, 4" x 3 1/2". Colors added in Photoshop. March 11, 2013.