Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Another Sea Creature


I didn't have a lot of time to create this one but the sea and its denizens is an infinite source of creature diversity. This is some sort of sea worm and it has little or no resemblance to anything human. If we meet alien life someday I would bet that it would look more like this than some blonde model babe in a silver bikini. 

Photoshop gives you a near-infinite number of shapes to work with that can be repeated, scattered, re-sized, and multiplied. I thought that this was sort of "cheating" if you didn't create each one by hand and "paint" it on the surface but then I thought of all the stuff you can do with conventional paint, even using a crumpled up paper towel or mushy brush as a texture imprinter, which I do in acrylics, so it isn't cheating, it's creativity. Next time I'll depict the blonde alien girl with the silver bikini. Some day I guess. What do you mean she has four arms and four... uh...? Where do you put the bikini? A multikini?

Photoshop, March 13, 2013.

No comments: