Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Subterranean Temple


I only get 15 minutes a day to do fantasy art. I sit in the coffeehouse next to Trader Joe's on my work break and do these little scenes on the iPad between sips. This one is another Warhammer-inspired piece attempting to depict in miniature one of their phantasmagorical underground temple-fortresses. 

The idea that I would have to re-start my career as a fantasy artist by returning to conventions with more series of small pictures that would sell for only a few dollars apiece, as Tristan has suggested, makes me truly depressed. I'm almost 60 years old. I'm not going to waste my time, energy, and money going to conventions when I know I can't afford it any more. I still want to build a spectacular portfolio and be a published, successful fantasy illustrator but I need another way to do it....15 minutes at a time.

ArtStudio for iPad, February 25, 2012.

No comments: