Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More Warhammer armor


The armor for Warhammer warriors is, like most of the rest of the designs, extravagantly wrought and detailed. The oversized shoulder guards are one of the few common themes that keep the characteristic look consistent. Other influences come from European fantastic parade armor, Japanese samurai armor, and Celtic designwork. Unlike in "real" war, Warhammer warriors wear colorful gear loaded with symbolic designs and regalia. It's more like medieval warfare set in a science-fiction universe, which is quite all right with me. Soon I will design a whole suit of power armor and set it in motion poses. I hope to re-start doing color digital artwork soon, no matter what some of my "traditional only" friends wish I would do. I'm so tired of carefully trying to please other people.

Grayscale markers on sketchbook page, about 4" x 5", January 14, 2013.

No comments: